Friday, August 1, 2008

{ We're Home }...

Actually, we've been home since late Sunday night, but this week has flown by. I'm always amazed at how long it takes to get settled back in from a vacation, especially when it was a month long vacation! I did laundry at my sister in laws house before we left (thinking I was on top of my game) but somehow I still managed to have a mound of laundry to do when we got home. I even packed everything in a very organized way, so I could come home and put everything away really quick, but NOOOOOOO, what I thought would take me a couple of hours to do ended up taking me a little over a day and that was just getting unpacked. I am finally to the point of feeling "with it" and organized in my own house again. I have gone to the grocery store twice and we are now completely stocked up. My chores are all caught up (thanks to Casey having done the bathrooms and floors for me before we got home). My mail is squared away and my checkbook and credit card are all balanced, paid and ready to go again. I'm ready for another vacation!!! We have had fun being home this week, with a couple of trips to the pool and being a little lazy in our own home. But now I'm in the "back to school" mind frame. We are going to hit the stores this weekend and get our back to school shopping done.

It feels so nice to be blogging again! I still need to get caught up on everyone's blogs. I am going to try to catch up today. I have missed everyone so much and I can't wait to read what you all have been up to! I want to give a shout out to everyone who made our stay in Utah so much fun and our trip to Cancun possible. We really enjoyed seeing everyone and even though we had weeks there I still wish we had more time. But life must go on and there's always next year. I miss all of our family and friends so much already. It really was so nice to just relax and spend time with everyone. When we left to go on our vacation I was in desperate need of a break, change of pace, change of scenery and everything else. While I was gone and away from all of my responsibilities at home I realized that I don't have to rush through life and get EVERYTHING accomplished. Sometimes I wonder why I feel like I'm always in such a hurry to get things done. That was one of the things that I learned: to take life at a little slower pace and enjoy it more. It was a lesson much needed. I was all ready to do this post a couple of days ago and seconds before I sat down to do it, the power went out, for a couple of hours. I felt like this was a reminder for me to spend some more time with my kids and keep on relaxing, so that's what we did and part of the reason why my week has flown by.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. I'm going to post some pictures of Cancun and our last week in Utah, but not yet. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by my 300+ pictures that I have sitting on my camera. So, I will get to that in the next couple of days. But a post is much more fun with a picture, so here is a preview of our Cancun trip.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

That looks so wonderful. I look forward to a trip with must my hubby. I can't wait to hear all about it. I am glad you are blogging again. I have missed you.

Stephanie said...

Welcome home! So glad you made it. Can't wait to hear about Cancun. It was nice to see you, even if it was for just a minute! Can't wait to hear about your trips.

Lindsey Jensen said...

I was wondering when you were ever going to post again! I guess you just have to get in the groove again! We miss you guys already. It was great to have you here. I learned a lesson too.... life doesn't have to be perfect and you should really just enjoy the time you do have and make every moment count! Thanks for helping me understand that sis!

Andrea said...

I just wanted to say that it was so nice to see posts from you on my blog. You are such a wonderful friend. You took the time to read every post. That means so much to me. I am so grateful for your friendship. You are an amazing person. Thanks for being my friend.

The Johnson's said...

How fun--I'm anxious to hear more about your Cancun trip. Wish I could have seen you more in UT but I know you were busy spreading yourself out. You are amazing that you are all caught up--we got home from a week long trip the same night you did and well--let's just say I'm not even feeling back to normal yet!!

Letti said...

I am so glad that you had a great time on your vacation. I always dread coming home to the unpacking it just never seems to be as fun as packing. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Erica said...

Your trip looks so fun, although I heard you had some nasty weather. It was really great to see you and catch up. Your family so so fun. To bad Kaylee got sick, they were going to wake up at midnight for a pillow fight. It was great to see you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails