Friday, August 15, 2008

{ A Little Girl Not Forgotten }...

I don't think Kaylee, herself, really ever feels forgotten about in our family, but I am always aware that she only has brothers for siblings and that those brothers LOVE to play ball with their dad. Kaylee is always invited and most of the time she chooses to be a part of the game, but other times she thinks spending time with Hannah Montana or her mom seem a little more fun.

Well, tonight Casey and Kaylee went out on a little "date". He is so good about doing this every so often and Kaylee loves it. Casey mentioned to me last night that he wanted to take her out tonight, but he hadn't said anything to her. I told her about it earlier today and she couldn't wait! After dinner tonight Kaylee went upstairs to change her clothes and get all ready for her dad. I was in our room while Casey was getting ready and I could hear him in our closet with Kaylee asking her what she thought he should wear. It was so cute to hear father and daughter carrying on this conversation. I didn't get a picture of them tonight. Things were a little on the caotic side as they were leaving, but I just picture that moment in my mind, of them taking time to get ready for their little outing.

I really love that I have a husband who takes time to nuture his relationships with each one of his children, but especially with his daughter. That kind of a relationship doesn't always come easy. It's much more natural for a father to bond with his son, and with a daughter it's just different, but in a good way. I especially want Casey to know that his efforts are always appreciated and that he is making impressions on each of his children that will last a lifetime. Thank you for always taking time to do that and for being a fun dad!

6 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

That is so cute! I'm glad that they did that. I'm sure they had a blast!

Kimberlee said...

That is the sweetest post, it made me cry. That is so sweet of Casey to even talk to her about what he should wear on their "date". He is a great dad and Kaylee will never forget the love and affection her dad always showed her. Very cute post!

Jonathan said...

Casey... you are one of my heroes. I've always admired the way you take care of your family. I know what it's like to have a soft spot for the girl in the family. Stella is the same way with me. You are one of my dearest friends and I adore your family. Can't wait to hopefully spend time with you guys at Thanksgiving.

Andrea said...

That is so wonderful. What a great thing that Casey and Kaylee got to do. I am interested to know what they did. It is so nice to have one on one time with your kids. I need to follow your example and make more time for that.

Krysta said...

I didn't mention that did I? I did the post while they were gone. They went out for a sundae and then Casey took her to her two favorite stores at the mall. The Build a Bear workshop and Claires. They didn't buy anything, just window shopped, which I thought was even cuter!

Stephanie said...

How adorable! Those little dates are so important, especially when she's older.

Related Posts with Thumbnails