Monday, August 18, 2008

{ Making Time for Me }...

Parts of this past weekend was spent by me playing the selfish role of neglectful mom and wife. I got consumed by scrapbooking. I felt a little bad...but not really!!! It was too much fun and it felt so good to sit down and be creative again. I loved the fact that when my pages were all done, I pushed the save button and that was that. No mess to clean up! :) I notice that when I am grumpy and my grumpiness starts to last for multiple days, it's a hint that I need to let the house go (a little bit) and do something for me. Scrapbooking is one of the ways that I take time for myself and I think I need to let myself get consumed a bit more often. My family might have a different opinion! :) Here are the pages I did. They are older pictures, but this is what I was in the mood to do.

The Fall layout is the start of Kaylee's digital seasonal book. I am 2 years behind in her book, but it will be easy to catch up since it's only a layout of favorite pictures for each season.


Don't forget to take time to do something you love. Whatever it is, let yourself get consumed every now and then. Maybe your family will thank you for it!

8 comments:

Letti said...

I love your pages. I agree that you need to have "mom time" for yourself otherwise we would go crazy. My mom time is spent blogging. I love doing that.

Stephanie said...

I totally agree! We need "our" time. Your pages are beautiful! It kind of makes me sad that you are doing digital, I think it's because it reminds me that we'll probably never get to crop together again. Miss you!

Eileen said...

Great pages and great advice. But I think I take too much "me" time. It's hard to find a good balance. But my family is in a place where it's easier to find the time. I just have to be careful not to neglect my patient hubby.

Andrea said...

I think you are so right.... your family will thank you for it. I am glad that you shared your creativity. I love the fall pages. They are so cool. They must be for Kaylee's book? You are giving me good ideas. Thanks for your post on the Angel blog. It is awesome. You are so inpiring.

Stephanie said...

You got this mom thing down pat! I can't wait to scrapbook when the kids are at school while the laundry is going :) Cute pages. So do you just do digital scrapbooking or are those real pages that you took a picture of? Also do you have a scrapbook room? I really would love to have a room just for that. Maybe when the kids move out-only 6-8 more years.

Krysta said...

They are digital pages. Everything is digital for me these days. Way easier. I have an office at the front of the house (off of my kitchen and laundry room) and I spend LOTS of time in here! It's one of my favorite rooms!

Lindsey Jensen said...

I loved seeing those pictures, but I have to tell you it made me really sad to see how fast the kids are growing up. I miss you guys so much and miss having you so close!

Tara said...

Beautiful pages!! I quite agree on the me-time thing -- I'm such a better mom/wife if I remember to set aside a little time for things I love.
I love looking at your blog - your pictures of your trip to Cancun are AMAZING. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails