Monday, September 8, 2008

{ It Already Happenend }...

O.K. I will be the first one to admit that I can be vain at times. I blame it on my mom...and my grandma...and everyone else who came before me in our family. It's not a great thing, but it is a tiny part of who I am. I have gotten better since moving to Texas, for some odd reason, but it's still with me every now and then. Kaylee is also like this, only I never know when her vainess is going to show up. It's completely sporatic. Or let me rephrase that, it's mostly here and the times that she isn't vain is sporatic.

Anyway, me second grader let her vainess go today and she learned to be sneaky instead! Almost every morning (at least 2 or 3 mornings a week) we have this discussion about which shoes she's going to wear to school.
Here they are:
The pair she fights for every now and then are the ragedy tennis shoes with the shredded laces with sticks stuck in them. They aren't completely hideous, but they aren't the cutest either. I know..."choose your battles". I am very aware of this, which is why we compromised and she gets to wear them every Friday with her school spirit shirt. I know...I could just go buy her some nice new tennis shoes, but she looks so cute in these other ones and they go with everything, casual or dressy.

Well, I go get her from the bus today and notice she doesn't look quite the same as she did when she left this morning. Something was a little different...

hmmmmmmm.........

...the shoes! She had taken them in her back pack and changed on the bus! She actually learned that trick...ALREADY! I had visions pop in my mind of the teenage years, sneaking out bikinis and short shorts and who knows what else. We all did it. I know I'm guilty of it. But she wasn't supposed to learn that yet!

I sent her to her room to think about what she did. We had a nice chat about honesty. I know we've had this chat before...

I'm sure it won't be the last!

13 comments:

The Johnson's said...

I shouldn't laugh but I think that is pretty funny! Maybe it will pay off later--she started early so she can learn early not to try that again??? I don't know! At least it was just shoes, right? :-)

Emily Hansen said...

It's probably good I don't have a daughter. My feet are always aching due to the dumb, but cute, shoes that I choose to wear. At this point I've decided that it's better to let my boys wear only athletic shoes to school, because of what they do at recess and what their shoes look like when they get home. On the 1st day of school, Jeron's new white shoes came home green. Good Luck with the days ahead!

Lindsey Jensen said...

That is so funny! I am laughing because you are so right "we all did it" I keep telling myself that I will know all of the tricks and that my kids won't be able to pull any "tricks" on me! Yeah right, it is probably going to happen to me worse then what I ever tried to do! I love it... well I hope she learned a lesson!

Stephanie said...

I laughed too! I did it, and Katie has already done it. I guess it's part of being independant. Oh, the lessons we learn, I mean while being the mom! ;)

Letti said...

That is a funny story to me but I am sure it wasn't for you. YOu would think that little girls would be begging for the dress up shoes. My girls are the same way they want to wear the tennis shoes everyday as well but we too had to make a compromise. I am telling you these girls are keeping me on my toes so unlike my boys.

Heidi Parson said...

LOL..That is to funny!! Yes, I was one of the many that wore things my mom would have died over! I'm sure everything was worked out and she learned a great lesson that day! I'm having the same issue with Megan and shoes. Everyday we battle it out because the shoes I want her to wear she says she can't RUN in them. I didn't realize kids did so much running??? I guess kids are kids not matter! They don't care if they look good. Only us moms do :)

angie said...

That is awesome! We have a similar problem but ours is my darling 5 year old wants UGG's, Healys,and Crocs, and I don't mean the fake wal-mart target specials I mean the real deal! Good thing she has a sugar daddy. I say just let her wear them as much as she wants. I mean have you been to school to see what kids wear thoes shoe look great to something I've seen :)

Stephanie said...

Good stuff! I did that when I went to Dry Creek but it was because I wanted to wear my jellies to school and my mom said they weren't practical for recess and PE. HA-what did she know? Well evidently a whole lot because I came home with blisters that day and learned my lesson.

Jennifer said...

I can't believe she snuck tennis shoes! haha! I thought that was a trick you're supposed to use for sneaking out of the house in a tank top or a short skirt or something! Tennies! haha! Is it bad that I'm on her side? You go girl!

wink!

Beth Curtis said...

oh my gosh! She has always been wise beyond her years! there is totally more to come of that. i guess it is one of those things that you will look back on and laugh.... right?

Erica said...

That is the funniest story. I remember getting sent home from my soccer practice because I snuck and put on make-up when I was too young to wear it and my mom and dad stopped me on my bike on the way to practice and made me go homeand clean it off. Oh well at least it will be funny memories to laugh about later.

Terrys Rock! said...

I can believe it, because she's YOUR daughter! I would have had to ask my mom, then act like I was being sneaky. That's so funny! Did she get in trouble?

Andrea said...

WOW!! She has already learned that trick. I can't believe it. It is so hard when they want to be so independent. Jex is killing me with his choice of attire. We win some... we lose some.

Related Posts with Thumbnails