Saturday, September 6, 2008

{ A week ago today }...

A week ago today, Casey was on an airplane flying home after a VERY LONG drive to Arizona. Mid afternoon on Friday, my parents had two Penske trucks full of their belongings with a car attatched to the back of one of them and my husband driving my dad's Toyota pickup...Casey was helping them move (along with my brother). This past year has been really hard on my parents trying to get their house sold so they could head back to their home town state of Arizona. I am glad that it's finally over for them and they made it safe (and Casey made it safely back home). I do have to be completely honest and say that this has been a really hard thing for me. We move closer to them and then they decide to move FAR away. I knew it was going to happen... eventually. I just didn't think it would happen so soon. I have been through the roller coaster of feeling every emotion possible about this (more than once) and now (as I'm wiping away the tears) I just feel peace and happiness for them. I am excited to go visit them there and make new memories with them.
They have blessed our lives tremendously since we have lived in Texas, especially at the beginning. We were able to live with them all of last summer while we were waiting to get settled into Houston and I have no idea what we would have done for that awful week I was in the hospital last September. This is selfish, but I know that Heavenly Father waited for us to get settled here before He blessed their lives with the move to Arizona. I am so glad that we were able to have one year of fun with them while living 3 hours apart. 3 hours is nothing compared to the 18-20 hours it's going to be now. We will come though and I know that you will come see us too!
Thank you for all that you have done for us!

3 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

That is sad :( we are selfishly very happy to have them here. I can't wait until we can all see each other together!

Emily Hansen said...

Bitter sweet! There must be another reason you were supposed to move to Texas?? Somebody needs you there. I love your pictures. What a nice son-in-law to help them move.

Lindsey Jensen said...

I know that must be so hard for you. I know that they have enjoyed all of their time with you and the kids. But like Emily said there must be another reason you were supposed to move there. Your family is amazing and will be examples to a lot of people there. Just keep your head up and remember there is a reason for everything! I love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails