Monday, October 27, 2008

{ Can you believe it? }

Yes, it's true! This weekend we were driving around and stumbled across gas for UNDER $2.00! This just happened to be only about 6 miles from our house, but we hardly EVER go down this street. Casey and I spotted it at the same time, did a double take and then thought the store owner had to have been mistaken. He wasn't...that really is the price, but only at this one spot. The rest is around $2.12 - $2.30 or so. When we had that huge gas spike a couple of months ago, we both bet that we would never see gas for under $2.00 again. We might have even said we would be shocked to see it go back under $3.00. Anyway, this was worth a picture. It made us play the "remember when" game...reminiscing about what price gas was when turned 16 and started driving. In California, mine was at .98, Casey's was under .95. I'm sure down the road, when our kids start driving, they will be amazed that we had gas for $1.99!

7 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Wow--that is awesome, even $2.12 is very low. I think the last I saw it was $2.85 around here and I thought that was so low. I've been holding out to fill up hoping it will continue to drop. I remember a few years ago being on vacation in CA and seeing gas at $2.54 and thinking that was SO much! ha Utah definitely needs to get with the program and drop the gas prices (we have had higher than most places all summer, erg!)

Andrea said...

That is so funny. I tried to call you today to see what your gas prices are. We are at 2.40. I am shocked, so hopefully we will get to where you are. It is still over $3.00 in Utah. I am glad you took a picture of that. It is worth documenting.

Stephanie said...

LUCKY! Ours got to 2.85 today and I told Eric to hurry up and fill everything up quickly. I wonder how long this will last.

Casey Moes said...

I went to fill up there today and they were all sold out--(everybody round here was talking about it.) So I had to settle for Walmart gas $2.12/gal. We'll see if the rest of the pumps around here follow suit. Gas seems to be dropping like a lead balloon. THANK GOODNESS!

Lindasue said...

Ours was $2.78 today in Cache Valley- keep it coming down!!!

Bre said...

That really is great! I am jealous, ours are not that close yet, we are at 2.85 still. I hope it keeps coming down!

Beeks by the Lake said...

You have got to be kidding! Even our 85 grade gas is still around $2.35!

Related Posts with Thumbnails