Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Bithday Kaylee!!!

 Birthday Girls

It is Kaylee's 8th Birthday today!  It's always tricky with her birthday being so close to the 4th of July, so we started celebrating  this past Thursday.  She had been planning her birthday party for MONTHS now.  Probably since before Christmas.  Finally her big day came and I think it was everything she hoped for.  She invited 3 of her good friends over for a sleepover.  They started out with pizza and Dr. Pepper (her menu planning), then cake, ice cream and presents.  They headed outside to play in the sprinklers and on the trampoline.  Casey got home from work and took them to the pool.  Then it was time for jammies, painting fingers and toes and a movie (accompanied by popcorn and Twizzlers).  It was 10:30 by the time we put the movie on.  I thought the girls would be wiped out from playing outside.  They had other plans...the giggling and talking never stopped and then a pillow fight started at 11:30.  I let them have their girly fun for a little longer (only because I remember what sleepovers are all about.  Sometimes girls just don't want to sleep).  When midnight came around though this mama was done and had to put a stop to the fun...I'm such a party pooper!  I wonder what time they would have eventually crashed???

Kaylee's Birthday

Kaylee requested a very nice dinner tonight and breakfast in bed tomorrow morning.  This girl LOVES birthdays and knows how to milk it!  Drew's birthday is this Thursday and Kaylee is getting baptized on Saturday.  Family is starting to come into town on Thursday.  It's also my brother and mom's birthday this month (they will be here for the baptism).  So, I think the celebrations are just starting.  It's going to be a busy week! 

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee. We love you.

Letti said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee. Her party looked like a lot of fun. What a fun week you have ahead of you.

Stephanie said...

What fun! I think you're great to even let her have a sleepover! Have fun with the baptism, that was a terrific day in my life!

Tallie Geddes said...

Wow - 8 already - Happy Birthday! Time flies!! Enjoy the week and I can't wait to see pictures of the baptism - either can Jessa!

Beth Curtis said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee!! I am so sad I am going to miss your baptism. Sleepovers were always my favorite. Those picture bring back great memories! There are so many Curtis/Moes birthdays this month! Cross your finger for adding another one in there!

Stephanie said...

So cute...I loved getting the trampoline wet in the summer!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday to everyone!! Tell Grandma Curtis I said Hello!

Related Posts with Thumbnails