Sunday, July 5, 2009

This time last weekend...

I was having a girls weekend with 3 of my best friends from growing up.  We hadn't seen each other in 10 years and decided it was time for a girlfriend reunion.  Our husbands were sweet enough to take care of things at home, so we were able to spend an extra long weekend in Las Vegas.  There was a lot of this going on...

     Sara copySo beware.  Lots of pictures.  We had our camera's with us everywhere we went.  I just picked some of my favorite pictures to highlight our trip and all of the fun we had.  We all met at the airport on Thursday, coming in from many different places.  Then we headed to our hotel room where they threw me a surprise baby shower.  I wasn't expecting that at all and it was such a fun surprise.  I was spoiled with some of the cutest outfits!  I will think of you girls every time I dress my baby in them. 

The next day we had to pamper ourselves and go get pedicures.  Peducure  B&WToes There's our cute toes.  Pedicures are the best.  I admired our feet all weekend.  I still am! 

Our weekend consisted of many late nights giggling in bed, just like back in the day.  Lots of girl talk .  Laying by the pool, shopping, food and getting dressed up to hit the town at night.  We enjoyed hanging out at fun restaurants and people watching.  It was just fun to be together again and make a whole new set of memories. 

Getting ready - 1 Shoes - 1  Steph and Jen Me and Sara - 1 Girls Night Out - 1

One thing I realized is how some things never change.  Time can go by, 10 years is a long time, but once you make great friendships time really doesn't matter.  It definitely didn't feel like it had been 10 years.  We stepped right back into the comfort of our old friendships instantly.  We each had changed so much.   We aren't the same people we were 10 years ago.  We noticed that all of the good things about ourselves, all of our strong qualities, were just better and much more a part of who we are today.  I guess that's what maturity and life's lessons do for you.  Being a wife and a mother teaches you a lot.  I'm glad that we can share our hardships with each other as well as our blessings.  I miss you girls and can't wait for our cruise in 2-3 years!!! 

My girls - 1

13 comments:

Eileen said...

I am completely jealous! What fun.

Jen said...

That sounds like a LOT of fun!

Tallie Geddes said...

We need one of those - I will start planning a Brookside Village girls trip! I promise to make you laugh till you pee (just a little). I guess that's not to hard in your condition now! I'm glad you got away!

Andrea said...

I am so happy that you had a good time. They look like the funnest group of girls. You look adorable.

Stephanie said...

Awwww now I'm all teary-eyed. I want to go back!! I forgot about that pic of me & Jen. LOL I can't wait to get everyone's cds. That was the best trip ever and I am so excited for our cruise too. I'm already planning my outfits :) I LOVE YOU!!

Stephanie said...

Oh and we seriously need to email each other the sayings we came up with!!!

The Faridoni Fam said...

Thanks for sharing! It was a lot of fun to see you guys. Hi Sara! I've been itching to take a trip and seeing all your fun made we want to go even more.

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Ok, wait...is this Sara?...Christian's wife, Sara?...wow, it's been a long time, tell her i said hi...are they still in UT? that looks like a blast, it reminds me how bad i need to get girls together and do something similar...it's time! how important this time is with the chickies! ;)

Krysta said...

Yes, that is Sara. They are in New Mexico. It was tons of fun!!! I will tell her you both said hi. :)

Terrys Rock! said...

I have so many "First of All's". So First of All, that time totally rocked and I can't wait for our cruise! How about this fall?! I miss and love you all so much, it makes my heart sick and makes me want to cry some more (can't believe I did that!) just thinking about how far apart we all are. Rahhhrrr! I totally laughed at that pic of Steph and Jen, I LOVE IT! Christian said we are such dorks and I said we are so cool! Then I read Steph's entry and she said the same as me. I loved the time in the hotel just hanging out and laughing until the wee hours, going out to eat (and Steph's comments), our pedi's, the pool, shopping, getting ready, everything! You girls are totally my therapy and soul sista's! I love your cute belly. You'll love the pic of me holding and kissing your baby and Steph at the last second grabbing something else! Yikes, you Tiger Steph! I need Jen's green personality to make me feel like everything is lovely and good, she's our own little piece of "Zjen". Gotta go, sniff-sniff.

Terrys Rock! said...

Hi Leslie and Natalie, it is me Sara Terry (Cummings), Christian's wife. I'd love to hear from you girls! Leslie, I saw your blog, you look so great and your family is beautiful. I told Krysta to sen me your email or vice versa.

Terrys Rock! said...

Krysta, my Bella just said you look like Sharpay. That's a HUGE compliment from a 6 year old BTW.

Gill Dockstader said...

Cute toes ladies! It was totally surreal to see those pictures. You all look great. It's been 13 years, can you believe it?! We can't possibly be in our 30's can we?! You all look really good it was fun to see you all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails