Thursday, December 3, 2009

Where does the time go ?

It’s a fact.  My poor blog has been completely neglected.  I can’t believe that November has come and gone.  I don’t really know where our Fall went.  I just took pictures off my camera and there were over 300 on there.  Proof of the past month is in here somewhere. I need to get caught up, so here is what we’ve been up to in bullet points and pictures in no particular order.

* My computer crashed on me.  It got a crazy, awful virus.  I was with out a computer for about a week.  (I guess I could use that as an excuse for my lack in blogging.) Even though I really haven’t been on the computer much since Ady was born, it was no fun to be with out it.  I did get a laptop out of it!  Thanks to my husband who told me he was not going to get me a new computer.  I’m glad he changed his mind.  I am in love with my new computer…and my husband. :)  No more desktop for me.  I am a free, mobile lady.  I don’t know how I did it before.  Just recently, my cell phone died on me.  I spent two entire days without one.  I thought I was going to die!

*We enjoyed a visit from one of our old Providence neighbors, Deron Hansen.  Casey enjoyed hanging out with his old buddy.  There is nothing like old friends.  They are the best!!!  It made us miss the Hansen family and all of our old neighborhood friends so much!

*I get to pick Andrea up from the airport tomorrow.  I can hardly wait!!!  I don’t know if I’m even going to be able to sleep tonight! :)  I get her and Tessa for a whole 5 days.  Ady gets to meet her new BFF.

*We had a great Thanksgiving weekend.  We went to Dallas to visit two of my Aunts and my cousin and her husband.  It was nice to get out of Houston and visit with family.  They spoiled my kids with unexpected Christmas presents, which they loved. Casey took my spot this year on Black Friday.  He fought the crowds while I stayed home with the baby.  Our Christmas shopping is just about done.    

*Ady is smiling and cooing like crazy.  It’s so fun and cute and rewarding all at the same time.  If I could have her for dessert… I would.     

Ady - smiling

* Our house is adorned for Christmas.  That is always a sigh of relief.  I have to admit that I don’t really love decorating for Christmas.  The mess and all of the boxes drive me a little crazy… especially with 3 kids who are super excited and one that has to nurse all the time.  It took us 3 days to get it all done and one of those days was spent cleaning.  I love how it turned out though and I’m glad I get to enjoy it all month long.

* A couple of weeks ago there was still a lot of this going on.  

Ady and mommy 

Pacing around the house trying to get her to go to sleep.  Now she is pretty good to do it on her own.  She is growing up so much already!

*I recently went on strike in my house for a whole day.  I didn’t lift one finger all. day. long.  Seriously, Casey can tell you it’s true.  I’m not proud to say that, but I am proud to say that I got 11 scrapbook pages done and I was amazingly happy all day long.  I guess you could say I just needed a break. :)  I think I need to do that a little more often. 

* We enjoyed the nice Fall weather outside.     

KidsAdy - Outside

Bubbles

* Ady and I both had colds.  I got it first and then she got it from me.  We were both pretty miserable.  She had a yucky cough so she had to sleep upright in her swing for 3 nights.  Luckily she didn’t really mind because this girl loves her swing.  That is the only place she’ll nap during the day.  I try to lay her down in her bed but she only lasts  for 10 minutes at the most.  That battle isn’t worth the fight to me right now.  If she’s happy, then I’m happy, so she sleeps in her swing in the middle of all the action going on around her.  She doesn’t like to be tucked away in a room during the day.  I think she’s crazy.  I would love to be tucked away for some peace and quiet. 

Swing 

*Ady’s bath involves 3 things:

Her – she loves bath time.

Bath

Drew – He brings his cars and plays in the water by her.  Then he empties the water out and cleans it all up for me.  He is a great helper and Ady loves him.

Drew

This sweet smelling face that her mommy just can’t keep her hands off of. I don’t think anything smells better than a freshly bathed baby.

Ady B&W

* She loves taking it easy in her bean bag.  This picture is for my mom.  All that hard work was worth it.  Ady adores it!

Bing Bag

Sunday football games…in between naps.

Daddy and Ady

* I am looking forward to a fun filled month of Christmas activities and spending time with my family. I also can’t wait for our Christmas trip to Arizona!

9 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

oh my gosh! Are Casey and Ady twins or what?! So cute! She really gets cuter and cuter. I am happy that you got a laptop! the only bad thing is that now you can be on the computer anywhere you go. It is addicting!

Letti said...

Ady is so cute. I am so bummed I wish I could have met up with you while I was in Texas. I was there for three weeks. Oh well. One day I will meet you...lol I understand not blogging with a new baby but I am sure you will get back into the swing of things.

thejohnmfamily said...

You really did have a busy month. I'm so proud of you for ignoring your house for an entire day!

Lindsey Jensen said...

I can't wait for you guys to get here for Christmas... and I really can't wait to meet Ady! I have NEVER had to wait this long to meet one of your kids and it makes me sad that you haven't meet Bronson yet! :( Only a few more weeks! Have fun with Andrea!!

Jamie said...

OH I love that last one with her daddy:) So sweet!

Tallie Geddes said...

Casey sure looks happy that you decided to snap a picture - made me smile. I am also jealous of your "Fall" weather - we are enjoying highs of 20 right now - so when can I come to Texas! Ady is too sweet - wish I could love on her! All us neighborhood friends miss you guys too!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Ahhhh, what a doll! I can't wait for mine...you're making me So baby hungry and ready for the finale! ;)

Stephanie said...

Love the pics! She looks like you :)

Tiffiny said...

Hi, Krysta. You probably don't remember me but I'm Tiffiny Sowards (Smith). We met once or twice in Utah. I grew up with Casey & Kari in Murray. My grandma is Magdalena Gale. Carmen gave her your blog address and she gave it to me. It's been fun to read a few of your posts and see the pictures of your beautiful children. I can totally see resemblances to Casey and even Kari!!! And congrats on the baby! We are excpecting #4 in June.
Well, I just thought I'd say hello. It's fun to see what's going on in the lives of childhood friends (although the Moes' were more like my second family than just friends.) I hope you don't mind if I add your blog to the sidebar of my blog.....
Take care! Again, Congratulations on Ady!

Related Posts with Thumbnails