Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas 2009 { Snapshots }

This December made a record for me with how fast the month flew by.  It all seems like such a blur.  If anyone learns how to freeze time, please let me know!

After this BEAUTIFUL Christmas mess…

Christmas

We had breakfast with friends.  It’s a tradition to have a fun breakfast on Christmas morning.  Then, this crew…

Kids  

got ready to head out of town.  Arizona that is.  We had family to see.  The man of our household loves a good road trip.  He really, really, LOVES a good road trip.  Especially with his kids.  It’s bonding time for them.  They play games and talk and listen to music, tell stories and laugh like crazy.  I’m USUALLY a good sport about this passion he has, but this time… not so much.  While they anticipated their car ride, I anticipated my plane ride.  Ady and I took the easy way out…no explanation necessary. 

We had a great time hanging out with family.  Besides spending time with adults, this was the real reason we went…

Babies - 1 copy

We had cousins to see!  My kids have been the only grandchildren on my side of the family until 4 months ago when Beck was born.  It was fun to get these 3 little ones together and get to know them better. 

Babies - 2 copy

One night the 3 of them were laying contently together on the floor, so out came the camera’s.   

Babies - 3

They had crazy, obsessed parents swarming above, flashes going off in their faces. 

   Babies - 4

It didn’t last very long.  They let us know they were done!

Babies - 5

They each have very distinct personalities. 

Mommies

Mr. Beck is the oldest of the three.  He wants to be everyone’s friend.  He is going to be the caretaker of the bunch.  Miss Ady is the middle baby.  She thinks she has to speak up around these boys.  She isn’t afraid to tell them what she thinks.  Mr. Bronson is the peace maker.  He just goes with the flow.  As long as he is taken care of, he really doesn’t care what’s going on around him.  I love this picture.  My favorite thing was hanging out with my sisters and our babies.

and my mom

Mom 

and my dad

Dad

and those other 2 uncles (that I don’t have a picture of.  Sorry brothers!) 

While we were there we had a couple of things happen.  One was minor.  One was major.

Minor: Jake lost a tooth

Major:  Drew broke his arm.  

Boys

Is anyone really surprised?  Not if they know the Moes boys. Casey and I were very calm.  In fact…it’s time for a confession.  It was 2 hours before family pictures.  Casey took Drew to the park to ride his scooter.  Bad idea in the first place.  That’s just asking for trouble.  Then they decided to play on the monkey bars too.  Monkey bars + Moes Family= bad luck.  That’s how Jake broke his arm last year.  When Drew fell off the monkey bars Casey knew right away his arm was broken.    When he called to tell me, I told him to come home, but I didn’t say it very nicely.  I wanted to see how bad it was.  He was in pain and it was swollen, but it was ok.  Here is the confession.  We had an appointment booked with this photographer for months.  It was planned around the lighting outside, so we didn’t have any time to waste and it would be hard to reschedule.  I was hoping and praying and saying that we should just go get our pictures done and THEN go to the hospital.  Shame on me, I know.  Casey was looking at me like I was crazy and I was looking at him like he was crazy for going to the park in the first place!.  Long story short.  He took him to the hospital.  The nurses were nice enough to try to get them out of there as quickly as possible.  We were racing the sunset and they barely made it for pictures.  Lesson learned: No more monkey bars and no parks before pictures! 

Since then…Casey has had strep throat, I’ve had a cold and Ady has had thrush and a double ear infection.  Between that, Drew’s arm, getting back from vacation and taking down Christmas, we’ve been sort of a mess.  I think things are finally starting to calm down.  Now we are looking forward to a long weekend and Jake’s birthday!

We love and miss you Curtis/Jensen family!

6 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

My favorite is he picture of Jake and Drew... that is a perfect picture of those two boys! I miss you guys so much! I wish you were still here!!

Brynne said...

Wow, that is a lot of action after Christmas! I say "more power to ya" for flying with the babe, good choice! I love the picture of the 3 babies when Ady has her hand over her eyes, it's almost as if she's saying "no more pictures, please, aren't we done already?" I laughed about you not wanting him to go to the hospital until after the pictures--something I would probably think as well! Glad they made it back in time and I hope all of you are now on the mend! No fun to be sick and injured!

Beth Curtis said...

I love looking at the pictures of the babes. I wish we lived closer! Can't wait to see you again!

Letti said...

How fun to have three babies so close in age. I am sorry about the broken arm but boys will be boys..lol

The Faridoni Fam said...

Wow, sounds like someone else has had lots of craziness like us! Hope everyone gets to feeling well quickly. Beautiful pics!

Andrea said...

I am laughing my head of, because I can see you thinking maybe we can wait. I would have done the same thing. Crazy mommies and our cameras.
Can't wait to see you guys.

Related Posts with Thumbnails