Jake turned 7 today.
We let him choose where he wanted to go to dinner tonight. Of course he chose Johnny Rockets, this 50’s hamburger diner where they sing and dance for you.
He was actually shy while they sang happy birthday to him. It was cute.
His never ending silliness is pretty cute too!
Today was his day. He:
* Had breakfast of his choice. Coffee Cake.
* Opened presents, very first thing. Like it was Christmas morning all over again.
* Just happened to not have any school today. Lucky for him.
* Ate Cold Stone for lunch.
* Played the Wii without any restriction (mom didn’t nag at him to turn it off)
* Had a yummy dinner that included a hot fudge sundae afterwards.
* Went to the store to pick out his own cake, ice cream and balloons.
* Had a banana split before going to bed.
* Stayed up late and had a movie night.
* Is currently having a sleep over with siblings on the family room floor. This is becoming a weekend favorite of theirs.
We had ice cream overload today, so we are saving his cake and ice cream for tomorrow. He is looking forward to blowing out his candles and going ice skating. We like to celebrate for longer than one day at our house. :) I think he fell asleep a happy boy tonight!