Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Funny…

*I went upstairs to tuck the boys into bed the other night and this is what I found.

Door 

I should have figured they were up to something when I hadn’t heard from them in awhile.  I didn’t really think much of it that night.  I just thought,  “Oh how cute.  They were being creative and decided to take charge and show off their work.”  I said goodnight and went about my night.  The next morning I looked closer and actually read what their notes said.

Boys

That is Jake’s handwriting.  It says: Boys most of the time.  I have no idea what the drawing is???

Girls 

This one says: Only girls that have long hair can come in.  Hmmmmm….I think he considers my hair long.  I think what he really means is, “No certain sister and her friends allowed!”

Drawing 

Just in case we didn’t quite understand, they drew a picture.  Point made!  Do you like the short hair?

D- Scribbles

Drew had to back up his brother and put his 2 cents in.  He calls these scribble marks his “Listes”, not “Lists”.  I had a good laugh.  It’s been a couple of days since then and they are still hanging on their door.

*I’ve been doing a lot of minor rearranging around our house lately.  Drew has seen me and been paying attention more than I thought.  He came home from preschool today with a Valentine present for me.  After he hid it in my bedroom and made me go find it, he took it upstairs to his room and told me he was going to find the perfect spot for it.  This is what I found.

D's Nightstand

The gift was the heart with the picture of us together at his school party.  He hung it like that and then leaned our family Christmas card in front of it.  (He’s been carrying that picture around for awhile now).  He told me the Tiger had to have a bed and then layed it in front like that.  All I could do was smile at him and think, “I’ve really messed my kids up.” (with the decorating)

*Casey has been wearing his contacts lately instead of his glasses.  The other day Drew made his day.  He told him that he looked like a teenager with out his glasses.  We both thought THAT was really funny!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love kids funnies.

My kids love to "decorate and move things around too."

Hmmm. I wonder why.

Beth Curtis said...

oh my gosh that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. I was crying over the boys signs. How cute. Little Drew baby has the sweetest little heart.

Lindsey Jensen said...

I love those kids!!! I swear they are one of a kind!! Too funny!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails