Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Little Bit of Ady {4 Months }

This is an update especially for Aunt Beth.  Be ready for picture overload.  I would say sorry for that, but I’m really not! :)

Ady loves to be read to.

Reading

(Kaylee reading her homework to Ady)

She is starting to grab things in front of her.  She is more interested in the book itself than actually listening to the story.

Ady…

Untitled-1

She isn’t stingy with her smiles.  She is even giggling now.  It is the cutest thing E.V.E.R.  Drew was making funny faces at her in the car today and had her laughing so hard.  Her tickle spot is under her chin.

She loves her birds. 

   Birds

It’s fun to watch her have tummy time in her crib.  She thinks the birds on her sheets are toys.  You can hear her scratching them, trying to pick them up. 

She loves the camera. (Most of the time)

Ady

Once she figures out I’m taking pictures of her, she won’t take her eyes off me.  I love that.

 

Ady - Toys

I could sit and watch her play for hours.  Her hands amaze me.  They are so little and petite.  I can see every single tiny movement and all of the effort and concentration she puts into grabbing a toy and bringing it towards her mouth for inspection.  She’ll sit and stare at the toy for awhile, while I sit and stare at her and watch the  amazement in her face over one single little toy. 

  Blanket

I had a different blanket in mind for her favorite one.  She chose this one.  She snuggles up to it all. the. time.  Most of the time it covers her face like this.  I’m glad I got some pictures of her this way because

 Blanket + Ady = LOVE

Ady & Blanket 

This btw, is a typical day on the changing table.  I can hardly get the blanket out of the way to change her diaper or get her dressed.  She reminds me of Drew that way. 

4 months is my favorite.  I love everything about it.  She is mesmerizing to me.  Even when we are having a bad day.  I honestly love being with her and can’t get enough of her.  I’m trying to figure myself out that way.  I’m sure I felt the same way about my other babies. They were pretty amazing themselves.   But this time I can really feel myself taking the time to relish in everything that comes with a baby.  I think there is something to be said for “enjoying your last baby”.  I think the 4 year spacing helps too.    In fact, sometimes I find myself feeling sad that this is it for me…I will never hold my very own 4 month old again and never watch her rollover again for the first time or figure out how to hold a toy.  Sometimes it makes me want to have another one.  Did I really just say that?  Then I quickly snap back out of my dreamland and into my reality.  The reality that I have 4 beautiful children and I know that is good for me.  So I hold her tighter and appreciate my life just how it is because

I. Am. Smitten.

7 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

O. M. G. I am DYING. I just want to KISS her. She is looking more and more like Drew Baby. I love the picture of Kaylee reading to her. I am glad I checked the blogs before bed, what a good little treat. I love your babies.

Andrea said...

Adorable. Great Great Photos.

I love all your words, and how you wrote EVER. I can just hear you saying that in my mind.

I am laughing right now because I just edited Tessa's four month photos for her post I am going to do tomorrow. We had a lot of the same ideas.

AHH!! We think to much alike.

Jennifer said...

What a cutie! I love the whole blanket bit! What a funny girl!

Lindsey Jensen said...

I am so glad you did an Ady update!!! She is getting so big! I love her and miss all of you guys!

Brynne said...

Such a sweet post, Krysta! Little Ady is definitely loved, you can tell! It's funny how they pick their favorite blankies--I had one in mind to be Spencer's (10 years ago!) and he chose a different one as well! At least Ady's is cute! :)

Brynne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie said...

She is so beautiful and I love her smile! I think she looks like you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails