Monday, March 29, 2010

Little Miss Ady – 5 Months

5 Months

Since my baby is really almost 6 months old, I decided it was time for me to get this journaling done.  I don’t understand how time always sneaks by me.

Casey bought me a plane ticket to Arkansas for part of my birthday present. 

Me and Ady

Ady and I spent a long weekend with 2 of our favorite girls. 

I’ll give you one guess??????

Andrea and Tess

                Andrea and Tess

It was a pretty awesome vacation!  Being in a place that feels like home, with people you love, but away from  your own daily routine and responsibilities.  I came back home feeling refreshed and ready to tackle motherhood again.

We kept ourselves plenty busy making a million and one things.  We laughed at the end of the weekend.  We had all of this time together to do pretty much any type of project we wanted and it all had to do with our kids; mainly the babies.  We shopped thrift stores for the kids.  I outfitted them in some really cute spring and summer clothes for super cheap.  I am hooked on thrifting now!  We accessorized onsies, made tons of baby legs (leg warmers) shoes and hair accessories.  Sometimes we get a little carried away.  We can’t help but feed off each other and then one thing leads to the next.  There is no end!  

The girls are so cute together.  

Girls - 1

They still have the same little personalities.  Tess is so laid back and easy going.  Calm and content would be good words for her.  Ady is seriously the opposite.  She is so interested in everything around her.  She is already into things and her mind is always twirling with ideas.  You can see it in her eyes.  She has a spirit for life and she thinks she has no time for sleep!  

Girls - 2

Me and Ady - 1 

I love her for who she is.

For her zest for life and always being on the go.  For keeping me on top of my game.  I never know what to expect.  She has helped me to enjoy life in a different way and helped me learn to let things go a little more.  She has me wrapped around her finger. 

This was a big month for Ady:

*She went on her second plane ride.

*She started grabbing her feet.

*She learned to roll from back to tummy.

*She sleeps on her stomach now. (I find her like this every time I go check on her.)

*She scoots all over the place.

*She gets up on all 4’s and rocks back and forth and then jumps forward to get what she wants.

*She loves her backrubs.

*She has started sleeping better at night.  We made her cry it out a little.

*She still loves to nurse, but is getting interested in real food.  She watches us like a hawk when we eat.

 

Here is her most recent picture:

  Ady

I know I am a biased mom, but I think she just gets cuter and cuter!

5 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

it is true, so is getting cuter and cuter. I just want to grab her and hug her!! Beautiful girl! I love the pics with her and Tessa. I think someday we will see each other again!

Eileen said...

I agree with all of the above. Two, too cute!

Kimberly said...

she is adorable!!!

Lindsey Jensen said...

So cute!!! I love her!!! I want these babies to get together again!!! They are growing up soo fast!

Amy Jo said...

What a great blog! My baby is almost 6 months, and I've been making iron on transfer shirts to mark each month. Did you make those yourself? I love all the headbands....I should get going on making some before she's old enough to pull them off!

Related Posts with Thumbnails