Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Where have I been?

We’ve been having a party!

Grandma came for a visit.

Grandma 

She brought special cargo along with her.  The kids’ cousin, Cameron. 

Cousins

To say they were excited would be putting it mildly.  Jake, especially was in Heaven.  Cam is his BFF cousin.  These two keep in touch even though they live states away.  They pace through the house and chat it up on the phone when they aren’t together.  Here is the run down of our weekend together:

    We celebrated birthdays.      

Birthday

                       10 + 32 + 72 = 114

Our Birthdays are just days apart.  We felt privileged to have these two with us to celebrate.

We shopped.

Have I mentioned that I have been wanting to re-do my bedroom?  For Valentines, Casey gave me some money to get started.  Isn’t he the best?  I was lacking  inspiration for our room so I hadn’t done anything with the money yet, until earlier last week.  I was shopping at Target for misc. things when I just happened to walk past the clearance section and found the perfect chair for our room.  Here is the beauty:

Chair

It was on clearance for $44.00.  I couldn’t pass it up!  That was a steal since all the other chairs I had been eyeing were at least $150.00.  Now I finally had some inspiration.  Normally I would have started with the bedding and then matched everything else, but I knew I loved this chair right when I saw it.  Now I was on a roll and couldn’t get my bedroom out of my mind, so Carmen and I went shopping for my birthday.  We shopped and shopped and shopped and finally hit Marshall’s Home Goods and found my bedding and a table.  Here’s a little glimpse:

Bedroom  

I have plans in here!  There is still work to do.  I can’t wait to really tackle it, but I am going to finally listen to my mom and do a little here and a little there.  I am keeping my eye out for new throw pillows and lighting in the corner.  Oh and something on top of the table.  I know the yellow flowers don’t match.  It was driving me crazy that I didn’t have anything on top of the table and we just happened to have some fresh flowers around so that’s where they went.  Thank you for my shopping trip Carmen.  I LOVE it!

Basketball.

We cheered on Jake and Daddy at their last Basketball game.  Now we have a couple of free weeknights and Saturdays before swim season starts.  It was a fun basketball season and a great opportunity for Jake and Casey.

Basketball

Basketball - 2

Basketball - 1

Besides having his dad as a coach, I would say Jake’s favorite part was playing defense and of course making baskets. 

Basketball - 3  Basketball - 4  

All in all it was a super fun and productive weekend.  I was happy to take some time off from our normal routine to enjoy some company!

*More posts to come.  I have lots of catching up to do.

5 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

how fun!! By the way, Happy Birthday!! I love those pictures of Jake and Casey. I just want to kiss Jakes cheeks (thought I doubt he would let me :).

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Your bed is beautiful...but with that gorgeous new chair it would look AMAZING in black or antique white...just a thought...though I would cringe to paint an already beautiful bed... :)

Jennifer said...

So great! What a fun time you've been having! (aside from the snow angels! lol!)

Happy birthday!

Andrea said...

Great pics. I love your bedroom. I can't wait to see the whole shabang.

Letti said...

I love the new chair. I just love your style so I am so happy that you are sharing your talent with me. I can't wait to see what else you are going to do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails