Thursday, April 22, 2010

We {Love} our Teachers!

This week is Teacher Appreciation for my kids schools.  I have been a little MIA in my their classrooms since having Ady.  I decided to help my kids make something special for them so they know how much we (I) sincerely appreciate all that they do.

I think every teacher should be proud of their name.  Their name is everything.  They hear it all day long, just like we hear “mommy” all day long.  So we celebrated that by making them a monogram.

Monograms    DSC_0070

I picked up the 4x6 frames at Walmart one day.  I had the burlap at home.  I printed their monograms on white cardstalk in a kid friendly font.  Stuck that on the burlap with glue dots, then hot glued ribbon around the edges of the cardstalk.  The flowers are 3 circles cut out of felt and stitched in the center and put into place with a glue dot.  The kids asked their teachers what their favorite color was.  That is how we chose the colors for the felt.  I had them make each teacher a homemade card (they each have 2 teachers).  This was our Family Home Evening on Monday.  We came up with a silly little saying for each one, like…Mrs. J (we wrote her whole name, but since this is the internet I can’t do that :) Mrs. J – you are Just plain cool!  Mrs. M – You are the Merry best!  Mrs. D – You are Dynamite!  Mrs. K – you are Kickin’!  and others like that (the last one was Jake’s btw!)

We had a lot of fun putting them together.  If I was a teacher I would love to have something cute like this in my classroom, but I’m not a teacher so I don’t really know. :)  Either way, we want them to know how special we think they are and that they should be proud of all they do.    

Gifts

All wrapped up and ready to go.

I am linking up to Just a Girls Show and Share Day.

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

They are so nice! I am sure the teachers will LOVE them!

Anonymous said...

Those turned out really cute! I'm loving all the burlap crafts that are circulating. Black and white photographs would look really cute in those frames, too.

Andrea said...

Those turned out really cute. What a fun idea.

Tonya said...

I am lovin these! So cute and so simple! Definitly my kind of craft. I think I will use this idea but put the word family. Thanks for sharing!

Brynne said...

That is so cute! I think we may need to copy that :) Thanks for sharing!!

Kenzie said...

What amazing gifts! I am going to have to make one for my house!

The Faridoni Fam said...

I am so stealing this idea. I just happen to have some burlap in my fabric bin. Thanks for planning my teacher gifts!!!

kanishk said...

Black and white photographs would look really cute in those frames,
indian classified site

Related Posts with Thumbnails