Sunday, June 27, 2010

{ The letter I } is for Indoor Campout.

The Moes Family recipe for an Indoor Campout goes a little something like this:

*After you have collected a million and one pillows and blankets and they have all made their home around and under your kitchen table, you are officially ready to start; 

 Playing Games

Telling Stories

Treat Time 

                      If you are really lucky, you may get your very own special treat;

Quiet Feet

Sleeping Kids

                       And that my friends is what I call a TREAT!

 

                   P.S.  Here is our Indoor Smores recipe:

Indoor Smores

1 Pkg. (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough

1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs

3 cups mini marshmallows

1/3 cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chips

2 tsp. shortening

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan.  Remove dough from wrapper.  Press dough into prepared pan.  Sprinkle evenly with graham cracker crumbs.

2. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.  Sprinkle with marshmallows.  Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed. Cool completely on wire rack.

3. Combine chocolate chips and shortening in small zip lock bag, seal.  Microwave at high (100% power) 1 minute; knead bag lightly.  If necessary, microwave at high for additional 30 second intervals until chips and shortening are completely melted and smooth, kneading bag after each 30 second interval.  Cut off small corner of bag.  Drizzle chocolate over bars.  Refrigerate 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate is set. 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Letti said...

What a fun summer activity. I love that Ady joined in on the fun too. Looking at your kids lips makes me hungry for some of those indoor smores.

Andrea said...

You are so smart. I had that D*** tent set up in my living room. You are a genious. I love the smores recipe. Can't wait to try it.

Beth Curtis said...

that is too precious. After I got off the phone with you I could not wait for you to post. Andrea, you crack me up. I think I will try your blanket idea in the future Krys.

Related Posts with Thumbnails