Wednesday, July 7, 2010

{ Project 365 }

It’s been awhile since my last post.  Being on vacation and sorting through 500 photos for just one week took some time. This post is all about our first week of vacation in Utah.

Day 29

Temple Square – After Casey picked me and Ady  up from the airport, we took the kids for a stroll around Temple Square and then ate lunch at the Training Table. We always have to get their cheese fries and dipping sauce.  It’s almost been 12 years since we were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple.    

Day 30 

A Trip to Cache Valley – Cache Valley was home to us for 10 years.  We made some amazing friends there.  One of them is the Hansen family.  We made their house home for 3 days and enjoyed spending time with them.  They are one of those families that our kids get along great with and we can always pick up right where we left off.  We went boating in Bear Lake, ate out at favorite restaurants, visited friends and had many late nights.

Day 31

Our very first house – This is where it all started.  Casey and I bought this cozy little house 6 months after we got married.  We lived there for 3 1/2 years.  We brought Kaylee home to this house.  It is right down the street from the Logan Temple.  We took the kids on a drive down memory lane on our way out of town.  So many memories were made here.  It will always be a special little place to us. 

Day 32

A day at Lagoon – We met up with all of the cousins and enjoyed a day at Lagoon and Lagoona Beach.  Ady spent the day with Grandma.  It was the first time I had ever left her.  They had a great day together.  We did too.  The weather was perfect, especially coming from Houston.  The lines were short and we had great company.

Day 33

Grandma’s Backyard – Grandma has a playhouse in her backyard.  She also has lots of flowers.  She has a granddaughter named Kaylee who loves to clean, decorate and organize.  This afternoon, with the help of her brothers, Kaylee and the boys picked flowers from the yard, got a vase from grandma, cleaned out and organized the playhouse and decorated this little corner.  That is the kind of play at Grandma’s house I want her to remember. 

Day 34

4th of July – Murray Parade bright and early in the morning (it’s a tradition), leisure time with family, last minute birthday shopping, fireworks, playing  cards.

Day 35

A Sunday drive – We had to take advantage of being close to the mountains while we were here.  The moms and dads loaded the kids up and took a Sunday drive through the canyon.  It brought back memories for us.  Casey and I used to take the kids on Sunday drives like that all the time.  The cousins climbed rocks and felt the freedom you can only feel while outdoors surrounded by beautiful trees and fresh air.  A trip to the canyon isn’t the same without roasting marshmallows and making smores.

I’m working on more posts.  I’m not making promises, but hopefully in the next couple of days I’ll have them up. :)

6 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

love them! I know how you feel. I am feeling really overwhelmed with all the pics I took in Portland. I can't wait to see you guys! I can't believe that little Kaylee is 9 now! Be sure to wish her a late happy b-day for me. I will have to call you about doing a small celebration for Kaylee, Drew, Brandon and your mom this Saturday.

Tam said...

Ah... you almost make me excited for our trip. I love the pic of the kids on the tube. Pure excitement! Glad you are having fun but WE MISS YOU! We went to the movies this a.m. and blake kept asking "Drew, Jake?". He wasnt sure what to do without you guys there!

Lindsey Jensen said...

I love all of those picture!!! That makes me so homesick for Utah!!! I'm glad you are having a blast with family!!!

Letti said...

love the way you journal on your blog. i always look forward to your posts. WE just came home from Utah as you were getting there. One of these days I will meet you :)

Andrea said...

I almost cried when I saw the house. It looks like you are having so much fun.

Lindasue said...

Hey Krysta,
Can't believe you were just here and I didn't know it. I was just with Emily one night for Twilight, probably just days after you left her house. And your first house...our friends had been living in it for years but recently sold it to another young family. Small world!

Related Posts with Thumbnails