Thursday, July 8, 2010

# 9 is fine { Happy Birthday }

We celebrated a birthday this week.  Kaylee turned 9!  Her special day was Monday, July 5th.

Birthday Girl

Her cousins Britney and Brooklyn had a sleepover with her the night before.  They woke up to skinny pancakes, at Kaylee’s request.  She had her party planned for months and was excited to share her day with her cousins.  She had an “Old School” birthday party.    It went a little something like this: 

BingoEgg Relays PinataLimbo  Pin the tail

She also had her birthday list written down months ago.  It went a little something like this:

Sleeping Bag

Converse Tennis Shoes

Blow Drier

Flat Iron

Pedicure

Swim Towel

Camera

Rip-stick

Lets just say she didn’t get everything on her list, but she was a happy girl.

K 

I spent some time that morning making my first birthday cake ever.  Our tradition has always been a store bought cake.  I would take my kids to the store and let them choose their cake from the idea book.  They have always loved doing that.  This year I stepped out of my comfort zone and got a little creative. 

Cake - 1

I saw the idea of these cupcakes in the Family Fun magazine.  I decided to make them my cake toppers.  I lucked out with the cake stand.  As I was unpacking our things at my mother in laws house I spotted the yellow, curvy beauty.  I snatched it right up and couldn’t wait to use it! 

It was fun (and messy) to make.  It just looks like Kaylee to me.  I don’t think there could have been a birthday cake more suited for her than this one. 

Drew has informed me that he wants a Ninja Turtle cake for his birthday.  I have until Friday to figure that one out.

Dear Kaylee,

I know you hear me tell you often, but I don’t think you can ever hear it too much; I am so thankful for you.  I am blessed by you everyday.  You are an amazing big sister, a wonderful daughter and a great friend to others.  You have such a sweet and fun personality that I just love.  I am grateful that Heavenly Father sent you to us.  I don’t want you to grow up, but I am excited to see what life has in store for you!  I know it will be great.

Love, Mom 

6 comments:

Andrea said...

It looks like so much fun. I love her hair, and the cake. Good Job. I love how she planned it, and new just what she wanted. I bet it was nice to be in Utah.

Jex had a ninja turtle last year. It was so easy.

Beth Curtis said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee! I love the cake! It turned out SO cute! I can't believe little Kaylee is 9!

Jessica said...

Love the pink & yellow! And how sweet that you made her cake too! Do you have any idea where your MIL got the yellow cake stand? I'm looking for something similar.

Thanks!!

Brynne said...

Happy birthday cute Kaylee! She is such a sweet girl, I think y'all should move right on back to Cache Valley and make some more memories here :) We can even say y'all and stuff to make you feel like you are in Texas if that helps.

kraftenkrazy3 said...

Hey talented lady! I gave you an award! Come check it out.

http://sewcakemake.blogspot.com/2010/07/award-and-little-hoot-about-me.html

Vanessa
The Sew*er, The Caker, The CopyCat Maker

Lindsey Jensen said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't believe she is 9 already!!! You did a great job on that cake, it is perfect for Kaylee!! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails