Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Birthday Aprons

I never thought I would be doing this in a million years.  Just for the record, I had to share.

 B & W

Seriously!  It actually looks like I know what I’m doing. :)  In the back of my mind I have always wondered how my daughters would learn to sew.  It seems like every girl wants to learn at one time or another.  I just never thought I would be the teacher.  Andrea inspired me one day to make birthday aprons.  I was reading this post and decided it would be fun for Kaylee and I to tackle this project together. 

It was easy enough for us to do.  If I can do this, anyone can!  Look how proud she is.

b & w.

That face makes it so worth it!  It’s just a bonus that they turned out so cute.  We decided that this would be her birthday gift to friends for one year.  We can personalize them by finding out each friends favorite color.  We included a box of chocolate cake mix and creme cheese frosting along with the recipe for Homemade Oreo’s on a cute recipe card from Kaylee’s Kitchen.  Here are the aprons we’ve made so far.

Aprons

She has been so excited to give these away as gifts.  They have been a big hit and made with love.  We  decided Kaylee had to have her own birthday apron too.  She picked out the fabric and helped sew most of it.  

apron - 1 

  K

Our recipe for Homemade Oreo’s: (Super easy for kids to make on their own.)

1 Pkg. Chocolate Cake Mix

2 Eggs

3/4 Cup Shortening

* Mix and roll into balls.  Bake @ 350  for 8 min.

Creme Cheese Frosting:

8 oz. creme cheese

3 cups powder sugar

1/4 cup butter

2 tsp. vanilla

Smear frosting on one cookie and top with the other.  If you want the really easy kid friendly way just buy the store bought creme cheese.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Tam said...

The last pic of Kaylee w/ her spatulas is classic Taeya too! It must be the age! Tae loves her apron (as do I. I admit, I've used it before!) Hurry home!

KW said...

Those turned out super cute. Once I get a sewing machine I think those would be way fun to make.

Beth Curtis said...

those turned out SO cute! You go girls! I love Kaylee's poses.

Andrea said...

So adorable. I am impressed that you made them all different. Way to go Kaylee.... and Krysta for teaching her.

Lindsey Jensen said...

Super cute!!! I love the picture of Kaylee with her cooking gear!!! Good job mama!!!

kelly said...

Those are such cute aprons, I love how simple they are and how incredibly cute the fabric is! Good job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails