Saturday, January 8, 2011

It’s Time…

It’s time for me to weed out some space on this blog of mine.  It’s time for me to clear my mind and hopefully start blogging better and on a more regular basis.  I’m not making any promises but it’s time for me to start on a clean slate since it’s a  New Year, so that is exactly what I’m going to do.  I love this time of year.  January is probably one of my favorite months. 

In order for me to clear up some space here, I have two new blogs.  I need to spread things out a little bit.  Krysta Moes Photography and These are the Days: Project 365.  This will keep things more organized for me and hopefully motivate me to keep posting. 

So…

If you want to see some heartwarming welcome home photos,

5_cr_thumb[4] 

A beautiful maternity shoot,

Steph_and_Colby_-_4_Seventies_cr_thumb[2]

and an adorable newborn named Piper (don’t you love that name?)

CR_-_5_thumb[4]

Then click here.  This is where I will update all of my photography shoots.  No more mixing them with my family blog. 

If  you have been following me with my Project 365 journey, then you probably think I have given up.  I would if I were you.  I am almost 2 months behind posting these.  I have not given up.  I have been taking photos every.single.day.  I just haven’t been posting them.  These past couple months have been more than a little crazy for me.  But I am trying to get back in the swing of things.  So, if you want to see what we have been up to for the month of November, click here.  You will have to scroll back several pages to get the whole scoop, but it’s all there.  I plan on getting December up soon.  There are other things that need to happen first, but I will get to it soon. :)

It is also time for me to walk by the beat of my own drum.  I am making my own rules.  I am done putting pressure on myself to get a million things done each day and then feeling bad when it doesn’t happen.  Life is too short to spend my days feeling overwhelmed.  I am a list maker.  It keeps me moving forward and clears my mind.  The only problem is…

I don’t know how to stop adding things to the list.  I was at the dentist office the other day, waiting for Kaylee and reading a magazine when I ran across a  great tip. 

Keep your daily list to 3 prioritized things each day.

What was that?  3??? Wow!  That is a HUGE difference compared to mine, which usually has 14 things.  I decided that I was going to do that.  It’s time for me to slow down and enjoy where I am in life and stop getting caught up in all of the To-Do’s.  I think that is going to make the biggest difference for me. 

I am reading the book Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach.  I started it about a week ago.  It has been so good for me.  My mother in law bought if for me for Christmas.  It was one of the best gifts.  In Simple Abundance she recommends making Aspirations for the New Year instead of Resolutions.  That is what I decided to do.  Resolution sounds like such a heavy word.  Aspiration sounds so much lighter and calm.  That’s what I need these days.  Light and calm. 

If I chose words to describe what I hope will reflect the year 2011 they would be:

Simplicity

Love

Patience

Spirituality

Knowledge

Creativity

Frugal

Memories

Confidence and

Strong

And there are some of my thoughts for a happy, worthwhile 2011!!  I hope yours is off to a great start.

6 comments:

Brynne said...

Krysta, I love it! I might need to get that book. I too am a over-achieving list-maker that would love to chill out a little bit and not get stressed out if I'm not constantly accomplishing something! You're right, aspiration does have a much lighter feel to it! So is this the last post on this blog then? Should I change my sidebar to show the other? Happy New Year to you and yours!

Krysta said...

Hi Brynne! I will be keeping this blog always for all of my family updates. The other two blogs are just extra ones. I'm glad to know that you are a crazy list maker too! :) Thanks for checking in. It's always good to hear from you!

KW said...

I love the list!! And the idea of only creating a list of 3 things to do is brilliant!

Andrea said...

I love the words. I am also so proud of you for 2 new blogs. That is alot of work. I like the 3 to do's on a your list. That is a really good idea. I love how you love the New Year that is a good reminder to me of how great this time of year can be.

Stephanie said...

Stop stressing! You are awesome at all you do. I don't even make a list of 1 :)

Miller time said...

hey Krysta,
Its amy, Beths sister. I remember awhile back like a couple of years ago you posted how you potty trained your kids. I've been looking through your blog and can't find it. could you email it to me or repost it. I would love to try you method.
thanks, amy

Related Posts with Thumbnails