Friday, May 6, 2011

Teacher Appreciation {2011}

I am always doing things in the ninth hour these days.  This post is probably too late to help anybody out, since this was the week for Teacher Appreciation and it is now Friday night.  Sorry about that, but I didn’t actually make these until Thursday.  Either way it’s always fun to share!  Plus I had way too much fun playing with my camera.

Teacher Appreciation - edited

We (I) made pens for the kids teachers this year.  I hadn’t ever done this before, but it was so easy.  Think how cute they are going to look on their desk.  I think it will brighten their day!

I started out by wrapping Bic pens with floral tape in a diagonal direction starting from the top and working towards the bottom.  The tape is easy to tear and once you make it to the bottom of the pen just tear it off and seal it by pushing it against the pen.

Teacher Appreciation 6 edit

You can throw away the pen cap because it doesn’t fit anymore once they are wrapped.

I bought two bushels of silk flowers.  Both tulips, one red and one white.  I popped the flower off of the stem and then snipped the left over green stem with wire cutters right underneath the tulip.  That way when I hot glue it on top of the pen it will sit flesh. 

Teacher Appreciation 5 edit

Then I filled the pots up with beans and stuck the pens in.

Teacher Appreciation 8 edit

I wrapped the pots with ribbon and  made a tag from my digital scrapbooking supplies with the teachers monogram.  I was going to punch a hole in the tag and attach it with more ribbon but for times sake, I dug through my office supplies and found the silver clips.  It was the perfect touch!  Lately with my projects, it seems like the things that aren’t planned end up being my favorites.

Teacher Appreciation 7 edit

I got the pots at Hobby Lobby 50% off. 

I stocked up on some brown paper bags the other day.  They are so versatile.  I printed bigger monogrammed tags as well and clipped them onto the bags.

Teacher Appreciation 3 edit

The kids wrote on the back of the tags. 

Teacher Appreciation 4 edit 

Teacher Appreciation 2 edited 

Don’t they make you smile?   We love our teachers!

 Teacher Appreciation 1 edit     

Have a wonderful Mothers Day weekend!!  I hope you all get pampered! 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this... beautiful photos, too!

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

Love this! What a great idea. I bet their teachers love you. I know it made them smile :)

Lindsey Jensen said...

Love it!!So cute!!

Jess Payne said...

so cute! my mom will love those! tulips are her fav. :)

Paige said...

Adorable idea...I see these things everywhere but never even thought about it for a teacher gift!! LOVE IT...I haven't blogged FOREVER so it was fun to catch up on yours! Darling darling fun stuff like always

Brynne said...

So cute, I love it! I want to be a Krysta Moes copycat next year :) Hopefully you don't have a lot of blog readers in Prov!

Letti said...

Thank you so much for sharing this idea. I am giving my girls teachers a gift everyday this week and today I made this. Thanks again.

Kari said...

You really should go on that daytime show that my wife loves so much with the gay guy that decorates and made Oprah millions more than she already had before finding him and milking him for every penny she could get before dumping him to go off on his own. How's that for a run on sentence?!?!

Kari said...

PS Above comment made by Kari's HUSBAND

Andrea said...

What a fun idea. I love the photos. They make me want to have one for myself. You did such a good job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails