Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our Newest Swimmer

Its that time of year again here in Texas. Swim Season.  We are a family of swimmers and we love it.  Kaylee swims year round, but at the end of spring, early summer swim team starts and it takes over our life.  It’s a good thing it is such a family friendly activity and we all enjoy it because it is a huge commitment.  Between the 3 big kids, we are at the pool for practices 2 hours each day and then meets every Saturday for half of the day.  They do awesome and usually ribbon each meet so that is a bonus for them. 

This year Drew joined the team.  He is so stinkin’ cute I just want to smother him with kisses!  He was so nervous at his first meet.  The tent mom who is in charge of his age group taught him to clench his fists really tight and then let all the jitters go.  He was so excited that it worked!  He got over his nervousness and did great.  We are so proud of him!

Drew - 1 

Drew 

See?  Don’t you just want to eat him up?! 

The numbers on his arm are the events that he is swimming.  He is in the freestyle relay and then he swims the backstroke and the freestyle individually.  Did I tell you that we have over 300 kids on our swim team?  It is HUGE, but we have an AMAZING, competitive team because of it.

Drew - 2

Here he is getting ready to get in the water for his backstroke.  He looks so teeny-tiny to get all the way across the pool.

Untitled-1

He did it though with out getting disqualified and he even improved on his times.

I was timing and he just happened to be in my lane. 

Drew - 5

High five from mom. 

Drew - 6 

I just love this boy!

Drew - 7

The 6 and under kids get a ribbon at the end of every race with their time on it.  They love this!

Drew - 8  

Great job Drew.  You ROCK!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

That really is so impressive for a 5 year old. I am so proud of you Drew.

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

I really do want to eat him up! He is just adorable.

Beth Curtis said...

oh my heavens! I had a smile on my face the whole time I was reading. That is the cutest thing ever. Go Drew!

The Johnson's said...

I love hearing about swimming--I grew up on a swim team just like this. It brings back so many memories! Have fun!

Kari said...

He IS so cute! Maybe your summer list should have been: swimming, swimming, sleeping, eating, swimming...

Stephanie said...

How fun! That is so cute that your kids all love the same thing.

Tam said...

I love that kid! I cant believe that you have over 300 swimmers. That is chaos! We have just over 120 and that is more than enough kiddos running around!

Letti said...

Good Job Drew. Thats much better than I could do. I didn't even know they could compete at that young of an age.

Related Posts with Thumbnails