Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Back to Reality

We have been spoiled with 2 weeks of vacation.  It is always so hard to get back in the groove again after that.  It’s Wednesday today, so that means we are halfway through the first “normal” week we have had in awhile.  Not that I am complaining.  Vacation is always a treat!!  I just feel like I am in a funk now and I can’t snap out of it.  Does anyone else feel the blues after a good long vacation?  I am laughing at myself after re-reading that!  It sounds ridiculous.  Maybe it’s just the mood I’m in right now, I don’t know.  I am hoping to find a remedy for all of these thoughts swirling around in my head, I just can’t figure it out yet.  I'm workin' on it.

Anyway, I have a lot to share!  I am trying to find the time and motivation to tackle all of my photos and put words to them.  Casey and I were lucky enough to have the opportunity to go on our first cruise! 

Maybe I wish I was back on the cruise ship…that to me was the definition of relaxation, especially since it was just the two of us.  Well, the 4 of us.  We tagged along with our friends who we tease are professional cruisers.  They taught us the ropes and were the best company.   I will get a post up about our cruise soon.  Promise.  Just don’t hold your breath.  I seem to be in turtle mode these days. :)

The cruise was our first week of vacation.  When we got home we headed straight into the kids Spring Break.  That actually worked out really good.  It was nice to get home and not have to rush right into a crazy routine.  Casey was working on call at home that week so we were a little spoiled having the entire family home together.  

Plus, we were lucky to have a few extra days with Casey’s mom and our nephew.  Carmen flew out to take care of the kids while we were gone.  She did so good and had the routine down like a champ!  The kids had so much fun with their Grandma and their cousin.  Me, my mother in law and Cameron (my nephew) all have birthdays in March.  We try to find excuses to celebrate together.  Sadly, I do not have any photos.  I think I was pictured out by the time we got home from our cruise.  I put the camera away and just enjoyed being in the moment. 

I do have a few photos of our last day of Spring Break, which just happened to be our last relaxing, lazy Saturday we will enjoy until summer is here.  Actually, that was the thought that made me want to pull my camera out.  I was looking around at us enjoying the day and I realized how peaceful it was and how lucky we were to be taking full of advantage of having absolutely no schedule. 

We were caught doing a few of our favorite things:

Ady has been glued to my side since I got back.  It was a really nice day so we took our electronics outside and got some fresh air while surfing around. 

 

1

3

5

Casey and Kaylee rode around the neighborhood on the boys’ rip sticks.

12

11 

The boys played Monopoly all. day. long. 

They played again on Sunday. 

16

17

22

I spied the girls coloring together.  I love coming across moments like these. 

 

30

33

I should have gotten a picture of how Ady colored all over her table in her “quiet” time.  Sometimes quiet time is a dangerous thing. I don’t know what I would do with out my Mr. Clean Eraser. 

Lastly, we enjoyed our favorite Easter candy.

14

Cadbury Eggs. 

That is what we consider a perfect Saturday.

Stay tuned for more.  I really will be back soon. :)

5 comments:

Tam said...

I love the pic of u and ady outside. It's a gorgeous pic of u! I am in the same funk ... Except I've been in it an extra week! I feel like I can't get anything done around the house. All I want to do is hide in the closet and read my book!

Beth Curtis said...

Alright, I seriously can't get over your tan! so golden and pretty and....sigh. I feel the same way after vacations it takes me a good week to snap out of it. I get it when people visit too the house is all of a sudden so quiet and boring. I can't wait to hear about your vaca! I love the pics of kaylee and Casey very cool.

Kari said...

It's good to see you guys hanging out instead of running yourselves ragged! You need those days (or weeks) I recognized Cam's old car quilt. I can't believe you guys still have that. Glad to see it's getting some use for your lazy days. I'm glad you had fun with Cam there. Thanks for having him. He had a blast.

Andrea said...

Great post, and an amazing Saturday. I love all the pictures. You look beautiful in the one of you and Ady together. I need to do monopoly with my kids. I bet they would love it. Thanks for the reminder.

Colleen said...

love the picture of you and Ady. so pretty. your get-away sounds nice. vacations are such a nice break from reality : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails