Thursday, February 18, 2010

4 Month Stats (and an easy project)

Ady had her 4 month check up yesterday.  It went much, much, much better than last time.  She cried a little with the shots (of course).  Right after I picked her up she smiled at the nurse.  Cute!  I had a hunch that she was starting to teeth and the doctor confirmed that my little hunch was right.  I also have a hunch that this teething business is going to take it’s sweet little time.  We have our good days and bad days, but for the most part she is handling it like a content little angel that loves her mommy. :)

Stats at 4 Months

Weight – 11 lbs. 14 oz.  (25%)

Height – 24 in. (50%)

Head – 15.8 (25%)

Since I’m on the subject of Ady, I might as well share a super easy project I did for her room.  I’ve been sorting through my computer, getting ready to print pictures and I realized that I didn’t really have anywhere to set picture frames in Ady’s room.  I only had one more wall left that needed something, but I wanted more than just one more picture to frame.  I was browsing at Hobby Lobby one day and ran into the perfect idea, but it was the wrong color.  I was set on this idea, so I made my own.  

Wall

Now, not so bare.

These have been around forever, but I loved the look of it in a picture frame, hanging from ribbon with a bright fabric inside.  I’m a sucker for ribbon and picture frames.  This solved my problem though.   I was able to make it match Ady’s room perfectly and now I have an easy way to display and switch out pictures.  One wall complete…except for the actual pictures.  I’m still working on that.

Frame copy 

All I did was spray paint an old frame, cut out some cardboard the same size as the inside of the frame (my husband actually did both of those things for me…thank you!), and then wrapped the cardboard with some puffy batting, hot glued it to the backside, wrapped the fabric around that and hot glued it as well.  Then I cut the ribbon and made a criss cross pattern.  The dots on the fabric threw me off for a minute.  I had to line the ribbon up with the dots just right so it looked even.  Lucky for me they matched up perfectly.  Then I tied the bow and hot glued the ribbon to the back of the frame.  I had to add the green knob because I love knobs!  I love hot glue too.  :) 

4 comments:

Brynne said...

You are so cute, I love it!

Lindsey Jensen said...

I love the picture frame!!! I looks perfect right there!

And little miss Ady is growing!!! I think Bronson might have passed her in the weight dept though! We'll see in about 2 wks!!

Beth Curtis said...

FYI Beck was 12l lbs 2 oz and 24.8 inches at 2 months.
P.S. I need to see 2 month pictures of my niece.
thank you.

Jamie said...

I saw those at hob lob and LOVED them but they wouldn't match...why didn't I think to make my own?!! GREAT thinking!! SO cute! I love your decorating ideas. I still remember going to your house in Providence and running home and writing down ideas to copy for my home..hehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails